7 emails – 7 days. Can you learn social media in just 2 minutes per day?
This sounds like a great idea and I’m eager to get started. In total I will invest 14 minutes of reading time to get a grasp of Social Media Marketing. I’m signed up and ready to go. Visit Buffer and sign up to try this for yourself.
Day 3 – Establishing a Voice and Tone
Learning how to build a voice and tone strategy for social sharing
- Voice: Your brand personality described in an adjective. For instance, brands can be lively, positive, cynical, or professional.
- Tone: A subset of your brand’s voice. Tone adds specific flavor to your voice based on factors like audience, situation, and channel.
Ask yourself these questions
- If your brand was a person, what kind of personality would it have?
- If your brand was a person, what’s their relationship to the consumer? (a coach, friend, teacher, dad, etc)
- Describe in adjectives what your company’s personality is not.
- Are there any companies that have a similar personality to yours? Why are they similar?
- How do you want your customers to think about your company?
Today’s task – Come up with 5 to 10 adjectives that describe your voice
For my business, I came up with the following descriptions: