7 emails – 7 days. Can you learn social media in just 2 minutes per day?
This sounds like a great idea and I’m eager to get started. In total I will invest 14 minutes of reading time to get a grasp of Social Media Marketing. I’m signed up and ready to go. Visit Buffer and sign up to try this for yourself.
Day 2 – How to customize your profile
I’m told the key to gaining my first 1000 followers on any social media is by making a great first impression. My profile has to look shiny and nice!
Make sure you have all the following completed before publicizing
- URL – Your website address
- Profile picture/image
- Cover photo/logo
- Have 5-10 posts ready to give people a taste of your content
Aim for consistency across all social media channels – use the same logo and profile pictures
- Check out this always up-to-date image size chart at Raka Creative
- Create your own social media headers from templates at Canva
Writing your social media bio
- Show, don’t tell: “What have I done” often works better than “Who I am”
- Tailor your keywords to your audience
- Keep language fresh; avoid buzzwords
- Answer the question of your potential followers: “What’s in it for me?”
- Be personal and personable
- Revisit often
Your task is to write a bio and create a profile
Twitter image sizes in pixels (px)
Setting up a Twitter profile is fairly easy. If you stick to the image size guides, your profile will look great. Check your profile on a mobile phone and make sure all the images look sharp.
- Profile Image: 400 x 400
- Header Image: 1500 x 500
- Picture in Tweet: 1024 x 512