7 emails – 7 days. Can you learn social media in just 2 minutes per day?
This sounds like a great idea and I was eager to get started. In total I would invest 14 minutes of reading time to get a grasp of Social Media Marketing. I’m signed up and ready to go. Visit Buffer and sign up to try for yourself.
Day 1 – How to choose a social network
Most people already know you don’t have to be on every social network – only the ones that matter to your audience. Choose the one that allows you to achieve your strategy and goals.
- Where do your potential customers hang out?
- Which social network has the right demographics?
- 1 hour per day on each social network
- This requires personnel- it is a job – staff need training
- It takes time to learn
- Give it a couple of months to see how you get on
- Buffer can help save time by automatically scheduling your updates
- Facebook and Pinterest are more popular with women
- LinkedIn is more popular with men
- Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are popular with the 18-29 age group
- LinkedIn and Pinterest are more popular with those with advanced education
- Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest are popular among those with higher income
For a more in-depth look into social media networks: How to choose a social network
Your task is to choose 1 social network to focus on
Why I chose Twitter
- It’s easy to set up
- It’s easy to find and follow people
- I never tweeted to start with – I just followed accounts that was relevant to my business
- It became an important source of news – like a 24 hour news feed
- It’s easy to share. Just retweet